Guidelines for Investments
The Board of Directors in NOVI has decided upon a set of guidelines for investments, reflecting the positions and viewpoints of the company.
The guidelines have been drafted in order to assure that NOVI invest according to International principals, respecting both the company’s social responsibility and current International conventions.
FN's Global Compact
NOVI does not invest in companies in violation of UN conventions related to human and labor rights, environmental issues and corruption. We apply the ten principles of the UN Global Compact when evaluating our business partners. The principles are based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Labor Organization's Declaration on Fundamental Workers' Rights and the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development.
The Ten Principles
• The company should support and respect the protection of internationally declared human rights,
• The company should ensure that it does not contribute to violations of human rights,
• The company should maintain freedom of association and effectively recognize the right to collective negotiations,
• The company should support the eradication of all forms of forced labor,
• The company should support effective abolition of child labor,
• The company should abolish discrimination related to employment and employment relationships,
• The company should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges,
• The company should instigate the promotion of greater environmental responsibility,
• The company should encourage the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly technologies,
• The company should oppose all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery
NOVI does not invest in companies, producing arms, categorized under internationally recognized conventions for controversial arms. Thus, NOVI does not invest in arm which, in their general use, violate fundamental human rights and cause excessive harm or unnecessary suffering.
The above guidelines apply to all companies, wholly or partly owned by NOVI Ejendomsfond.
On behalf of the companies